Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fantasy in Lights, Food, Family, Football and a Fir

Our Daddy came home early on Wednesday, so the girls could experience their first trip to "Fantasy in Lights" at Calloway Gardens (a musical light show you drive through by car or by trolley). 

They loved the lights (except the flying owl, which totally terrified both of them).  And then they both enjoyed their first "Hunter's Pub" experience for dinner and devoured their cheese toast appetizer.


 I think we heard, "Wow, look Mommy look" and "Daddy... look! Its so pretty, I want to pet them" a hundred times. They were dying to get out of the car and touch the lights.
 Caroline's very favorite light...Tinkerbell!

Then we enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with family. We spent Turkey Day at Weezie and Grandaddy's. Lots of food was eaten and lots of hugs were given.  I only wish my side of the family could have been their too.
 I am so so thankful for such an amazing family and the newest member on it's way!




 And its always a treat to see Uncle Alan (Melissa's Brother) and cousins Michael and Taylor.

As the girls were napping, the Christmas decorations came out. I wanted to have most of them out and the boxes put back before little hands started "helping". 
We'll see how many Snow Village and Nativity Scene casualties we'll have this year. :)

Friday was a day full of more food and football. The Auburn Tigers pulled off a victory against Alabama, so a trip to Toomer's Corner was a must. Unfortunately, the only pictures I have are on my phone. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

And today was all about the tree (fir). Kate was so excited that Santa was at the lot and followed him around the whole time. Caroline, who is still very scared of Santa, enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies they were handing out and helping her Daddy find the perfect tree.




No comments: