Because Kate watches everything Caroline does and has a "do it myself" personality, she has always wanted to feed herself like big sister. We lasted maybe two months on baby food. Every time I would try to feed her baby food with a spoon, she would lock her lips together and turn her head. It wasn't that she was full, because the girl has an appetite, eating EVERYTHING we put in front of her (so unlike her sister: aka Miss Picky). She just wanted to feed herself and I wasn't ready to give over that much control (or do that much clean up afterwards). Well, until now. We have reached a point where Kate is obsessed with utensils. If I am unloading the dishwasher, she can hear it from a mile away, and comes to grab any and all utensils before I can get them in the drawers. And when we we go to a restaurant, she wants to play with any silverware on the table. I usually just go ahead and ask the waitress for several spoons when we sit down, so that if one drops, we have a spare. :) Yesterday, she walked around the house with a spoon in her hand for an hour. I tell you...the girls loves utensils. So with much patience, I finally let her use a spoon this morning to eat her yogurt.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
alyssa,
that is so funny. katy-bug was making a mess all over her clothes!!! kate is a really messy eater!!!!! i love ya'll so much!!!!!
Post a Comment