Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pizza and Presents

Last night, we celebrated Christmas at Grandaddy and Weezie's house. We always eat pizza and then open presents. Check out the faces on Caroline and Kate below...beyond excited!!!

Caroline and Kate received a Hide and Slide! It was already put together and waiting for them downstairs, so they had no idea. I wish you all could have seen how quickly Caroline squirmed out of Weezie's arms when she spotted it!


Look at that face! She has no clue what is in the box, but she is beyond excited! Caroline would have been thrilled with an empty box under that wrapping paper. Although check out their faces when they realized there was something inside.


They rocked and rocked and rocked. And we're still rocking!


My favorite Sister-in-Law! :) And now we can be twinkies! Thank you Sarah!



And no Christmas would be complete if Chris and Sarah didn't bulid their Gingerbread House!
If you know me well, I love traditions! And so watching them make this house every year gives me so much JOY! In fact, I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about Christmas! I love searching or making the perfect gift. I love watching my family and friends open those gifts. I love all the food, the crafts, the decorating, and Christmas music! I love checking the mailbox for Christmas cards. I love standing at the top of the stairs and coming down in my p.j.'s, while my Dad is video taping and asking us what year it is. (Yes, I am 28 and I still do this and will do it again this year while carrying the girls down with me. I can't wait!!!) And most importantly, I love any extra excuse to be around family and celebrating the real reason for the season...Christ's Birth!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is so cute!! we had so much fun last night!!!! the girls were so excited about all their gifts!! MERRY CHRISTMAS.. CHRIST is born on CHRISTMAS